Our mission is to increase affordable housing opportunities while building capacity, creating partnerships, and financially supporting low income initiatives leading to comprehensive Community Development.
By accessing federal tax credits for low income housing and leveraging public and private financial support, Keystone Hope’s Board and Advisors have completed a variety of different projects through our Community Action Agencies. We plan to share our expertise with other Community Action Agencies in PA, OH, WV, and MD.
- Revitalized formerly blighted areas in Monessen and Jeannette into desirable neighborhoods of single family affordable homes
- Renovated older homes for affordable rent or purchase
- Developed safe and attractive housing complexes for seniors
- Purchased and renovated older properties for income producing commercial use
- Developed new LEED certified commercial buildings and Energy Star efficient affordable homes
- Created an innovative social enterprise for the reclamation and reuse of building products
- Owned and managed an electronic records management and document destruction and material recycling center
Keystone Hope Development Corporation is a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) and as such is a partnership among three nonprofit Community Action Agencies in Pennsylvania, Community Action Southwest, Fayette County Community Action and Westmoreland Community Action. Proceeds will be used to further Keystone Hope Development Corporation initiatives and to support social service projects within each agency and the communities they serve.
Each of the agencies is a HUD certified local housing counseling agency providing assistance in home purchase, foreclosure prevention, rent and utility assistance, and homeless services.